“I have it on good authority that below every well in this kingdom lies a dungeon.”
– Ryan Dirge, Scholar.
What’s Down that Well?
2) Below is a massive complex dungeon leading to a colossal double door that connects the realm to a world of madness.
3) A long drowned temple to a water spirit.
4) The well has several boards covering the mouth barring others from using it.
5) Years ago this well was the source of a plague that killed dozens. It has since been blocked off from anyone using it.
6)The well dried up years ago. There are shovels and other equipment at the bottom suggesting someone tried to dig deeper for water.
7) Nothing. It’s just an ordinary well.
8) Some people must have assumed it was a wishing well. There is at least a handful of tarnished if not at least useable coins..
9) Whenever someone gets water it is said you can hear the angered disapproval of a water spirit .
10) The water has been brackish lately and smells like death.
11) The water is acidic to the touch and lightly burns. The locals still drink it though and many even proclaim it aids in recovery.
12) Lately, the water has become slimy and drinkers have been breaking out in massive full body rashes.
Image by https://pixabay.com/get/ee3db90b2bf41c22d9584518a33219c8b66ae3d110b1144695f4c87a/fountain-788430_1920.jpg